Pride of Hawaii (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Hawaii

Total disappointment on New Years 2008

Sail Date: January 01, 2008

I had high expectations because I have cruised with the Princess, Celebrity and Holland American lines at least a dozen times. This was my first NCL cruise and will certainly be my last. For the money I expected it would be like Celebrity. It wasn't even close.

Pros: Itinerary and excursion options

Cons: Service and Food

Recommends Pride of Hawaii (RETIRED)? No.

I thought the ship was gaudy. I did like the room set up and decor, but over all it was not impressive. Everything was just ehhhhhh.
HORRIBLE! I hate to be negative, but this was such a huge disappointment I must tell all. First off DO NOT EAT IN THE DINING ROOM. If you doe decide to go on this ship before it goes out of service this year and can spare the extra $20 for speciality restaurants, do it! Cagney's is the best place on the ship; service and food. A+ Cagney's! Papa's was nice too. Tappenyake was ok, but nothing to get excited over. DO NOT GO TO THE TEX MEX PLACE. Just remember the service is slow and bad. For example the only night we ate in the diningroom the waiter didnt say anything more than *New York Accent* "where youz from and youz know what youz want"?. I swear this is exactly how it was. We were kind; we ate and left, no complaints. VERY BAD, VERY.....
We enjoyed the entertainment.
The staff on this ship was the worst I have experienced. The majority of them were American, which I think is a huge contributor. Typically when we cruise on Celebrity we see staff members that are from Europe. They seem to give a higher level of service especially in the dining room. My first day the manager of my stateroom attendant slammed the door in my face when I asked about my bag. I reported it to the front desk. I don't know if the issue was address but I received a bottle of wine two nights later with a hand written note from our attendant not the manager.
I did like the room very much. Much better than most I have seen.