Pride of Hawaii (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Hawaii

Some good...some bad

Sail Date: July 01, 2007

This ship surprised me. If Hawaii wasn't so beautiful I would have hated my honeymoon. The free laundry is a plus. The housekeeping staff is the PITS. We had breakfast, went on excursions, shopped least 3-4 times and came back to a dirty room. I was FURIOUS. They don't have turn down service so you don't see them again until the next day. We bought our own Lysol and wiped down, straightened up ourselves.

The online room service and info was a plus. It saves you a phone call and a walk to info desk to be able to view it on TV. Limited programming on TV but movies were ok.

Cons: Rooms not clean by afternoon...except the last day of course

Recommends Pride of Hawaii (RETIRED)? No.

FREESTYLE DINING IS HORRIBLE. If you want a decent meal you have to pay and get an impossible reservation. The buffet served many meals without a vegetable for lunch and dinner....just salad. It was horrible. Dinner is usually lunch warmed over with a few additions. PITIFUL.

The breakfast options were the best though on any ship I have been on.You also can get food easily 24 something.
interior room was small.

On the day we left for the FIRST TIME Housekeeping was turning those rooms over like pancakes. It was shocking and I felt a bit pushed out of the door. ESPECIALLY since they hadn't moved this fast all week long.
We really met NO staff member that went out of their way. The only they went above and beyond to do was to clean up and vacumn the buffet room whether you were finished or not.
I supposed the hand sanitizer was supposed to make us feel safer...IT DID NOT. Understandable BUT- ANNOYING and Offensive. I would much rather wash my hands after returning from outside rather than be sprayed down like a quaruantined lab rat. Cute gesture-but when the rest of the ship is filthy it really does not matter. Did you clean the bathrooms, the elevator buttons, The ping pong paddles for real!

HAWAII WAS BEAUTIFUL- Schedule the Luau excursion it was worth it!!! Kauai, Maui, Nawiliwili were all beautiful. The excursions were very organized and well "marked' when you got off the ship. The free shuttles to Hilo Hatties, The mall, Walmart, Kmart etc.. were helpful to help you get to other places as well.

WARNING: If you are from the east coast...take a day or two before the cruise to get use to Hawaii time zones. They do not care that your body says it's 9 AM...for them its 3 AM and nothing happening...thank goodness I could find coffee. All of the East Coast people could be found wandering aimlessly around the ship. An "event" for them would be nice for the first day or so.