Pride of Hawaii (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Hawaii

Not as bad as the other reviews listed

Sail Date: May 01, 2007

Room Type: Suite

The ship was nice. I had a mini suite and it was well worth the exta money. The only issue I has was that the cabin next to mine had people who smoked alot. I complained to management and they stated this is a common complaint but that they could not do anything about it. On some days I was unable to leave my balcony door open or for that fact enjoy the beautiful ocean breezes. They should desingate a floor for people who smoke.

Pros: The ship is new and well kept.

Cons: Free style dining is terrible and should be re-evaluated asap!!!

Recommends Pride of Hawaii (RETIRED)? Yes!

Free stle dining was a joke and should be changed. I am not sure how each day all the tables are booked by 7 am in the morning but they were and when you walked by the restaurants they always had a lot of empty tables. The desk opens up at 7am for that days dining and the next so you cannot make all your reservations at once and every time even at 7am they had nothing available until 9 pm or later. Another note-- some restaurants they said you did not need a reservation so we went there when it opened at 6pm and the waiter said if you did not have reservations try another restaurant .. they were booked!!! When and if you got in the food was good.
It's a new ship so it was in excellent condition. The decor a bit loud but still attractive. The ship is also very large but easy to get around and you never feel croweded even though it holds 3000 people...
Ok so this was a bad as you read and to be honest... I could not sit thru a show without laughing and I don't think that was what they intended... I stopped after the third day.... bring back bingo or some fun games. Also, the island trips I thought were a bit expensive.
I never came across any one with an attitude or who was rude. The one thing I noticed is that for the most part they did not seem well trainied or did not have alot of basic knowledge... and I was surprised by this. They hire alot of young kids so ...this could be the problem and most seem very new in their jobs.
I really enjoyed our mini suite.. the bathroom was quite large-- had a full tub!! and the balcony was nice.. my only complaint was our neighbors who were very heavy smokers.. this was an issue and mgmt said they agreeded but could not do a thing.. in this day and age with all we know about the hazzards of smoking I am clueless as to why NCL would not have smoke free cabins.. or floors!!