Pride of Hawaii (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Hawaii

Worst Cruise Ever

Sail Date: March 01, 2007

Overall this ship was very poorly run.

Pros: Shore Excursions very good but expensive

Cons: Free Style Dining

Recommends Pride of Hawaii (RETIRED)? No.

However there were a few exceptions.
When communicating any concerns to the front desk staff, they sat stone face and listened but did not respond in any way or seem to care about my concerns. Almost like they were so used to complaints that mine were nothing unusual. Twice our room service orders for breakfast were lost so we had to rush to the dining room to eat before leaving on an early excursion.
Our cabin was dirty from the time that we arrived. There were cigarette ashes on the deck. Finger prints on all the mirrors and broken baloons under the bed. I have no idea if our room was ever vaccuumed since these things were never taken care of. Never met cabin steward.
Dining room choices were too fancy. Some people like normal meat and potatoes. On previous cruises I would check out the menu's and know I was going to have a hard time choosing between entrees. Here I had a hard time finding something I may want to eat. We were told to mention food allergies. I am allergic to anything hot or spicy. I told the server this at every meal and had been assured that there would be nothing spicy on ordered food. I was served cheese soup with red peppers, wahoo fish with red pepper sauce, Pork roast rolled in some hot spice and even a dinner roll with some peppers in it. Did the chef get a special on red peppers??. I was served my salad for dessert. Dinners took entirely too long to be served. It was impossible to get reservations at Paniolas or the italian restaurant unless I wanted to dine at 9 p.m. I did enjoy the freedom to enter the dining rooms when I was ready and did not mind sitting with other passengers. Buffet food cold.
Nothing to do if you did not go on a shore excursion. However the variety shows and Richard Yanetti were great.
Location was good. Nice shower. Like the dispensers. room itself was tiny, Need more drawers. Thank god for balcony to have a little extra space. Our cabin service was horrible