Pride of Hawaii (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Hawaii

Sail Date: March 01, 2007

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This was the worst cruise I ever had. I don't usually write reviews or give comments, actually this is my first review ever, but this cruise DESERVED one from me. No wonder we had such a deal on this cruise! The service was awful! The food was just like cafeteria food. I thought free styling was something of a convenience for us, but it made us work harder to try to get a spot in one of their restaurants. The front desk reservation clerks was just plain RUDE! They'll bite your head off if you ask a question. Staff was not pleasant at all. It really makes a difference when you have staff members with pleasant faces, smiling here and there, greeting you when appropriate and the willingness to serve (which is what their paid to do). Instead you get tired looking faces, attitudes, staff people who do not want to do their job. This cruise automatically makes you pay for the gratuity (which is called service charge). This can be removed if requested. DO NOT BOOK THIS CRUISE! DOING SO WILL RUIN YOUR VACATION EXPERIENCE.

Pros: The Islanders, Hawaii and the Shore Excursions

Cons: The ship and everthing about it :(

Recommends Pride of Hawaii (RETIRED)? No.

Looked new, bed the bed was uncomfortable.
Magic show was more like a comedy show. You can see the "disappearing" girl behind the screen running back up to make you think she "magically" appeared.
Food is awful! Need to make reservations early or you'll be stuck with the buffet for the rest of your trip.
No hospitality at all. Looked annoyed and not will to do their job. Don't plan on a "going above and beyond" service here. I think the complacency of their service has to do with an automatic gratuity to your account.
The whole reason why I booked this cruise is because I thought the cost included a children's program. They only had it during the mornings and evenings and on Saturday there is an additional charge from 9am - 5pm. This made it very difficult if you and your spouse would like to go on a shore excursion without your kids. Face it, some kids don't like touring (it's quite a bore for them) and some shore excursions are too dangerous for them to go on.
New and clean