Pride of Hawaii (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Hawaii

A cruise that missed the mark.

Sail Date: February 01, 2007

Room Type: Suite

Overall my wife and I had an enjoyable experience. However, we thought the staff was not there to please the passengers. Many of the service help were standing around or talking to one another rather than doing their jobs or asking passengers if they could be of help. When asked for help, they seemed confused about where to go or who to ask. A couple times I stood at the bar for fifteen minutes without being asked for my order. We had some noisy neighbors and received no help from the front desk to resolve the problem. I guess that "Free Style" also mean taking care of your own problems. The food selection and service was below standards. Again, the waiters seemed to be confused when taking an order. On two occasions the staff took fifteen minutes to return with an answer about the preparation of the food. Our biggest concern was that the ship allowed three teenagers to share a room that was far away from their parents. They were very noisy and uncooperative. When I asked to ships front desk to help out they said they would investigate the problem. After a few days I asked again for help and they said it was under investigation. This went on for the length of the trip. Disembarking the ship was terrible. The lines leaving the ship looked like a Los Angeles traffic jam. People couldn't get out of the elevator because the halls were packed. Many of the passengers were upset with the service and organization on the ship.

Pros: We enjoyed the Itinery and our balcony mini-suite.

Cons: Service staff was inexperienced and unsupervised.

Recommends Pride of Hawaii (RETIRED)? No.

Excellent ship