Pride of Hawaii (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Hawaii

The newlywed and the almost dead!

Sail Date: January 29, 2007

We enjoyed the ship's crew and the ports. As someone told us on the ship. This ship is full of the Newly wed and the almost dead. Most of the passengers are older. That's not so much the problem as there isn't a whole lot of activities for those under 40yoa. I was surprised to see there was not a casino on board. But I figured that may be due to the ports.

This was our first NCL cruise and I must say I we aren't fans of "Freestyle" crusing. I think its a great concept, but needs work. The specialty restaurants were nice but if I have to pay an additional fee to eat there. I wouldn't expect them to run out of some of the food items eaarly on. At another restaurant, we had to wait almost an hour to be seated after our reservation time.

The excursions can get pretty expensive. You may want to research and rent a car on the overnight ports. Also, once you are at port, there are several vendors that offer excursions right at the port. If you can do it, I highly recommend the Kyak excursion in Maui. It's a lot of work, but was probably our best trip.

If it wasn't for the great staff, our time on the ship would have been terrible.

Pros: Balcony suite and the great views right from your own cabin. The ship employees were great. The ship was very clean and everyone was extremely nice.

Cons: Didn't seem to be much to do for those under in the 20 to 40 age range on the ship. I am not a fan of the specialty restaurants. We have never been on a NCL ship and wasn't aware of this. Some of them were booked up the entire cruise. The food was only ok.

Recommends Pride of Hawaii (RETIRED)? Yes!

Hilo, Hawaii
We enjoyed our hike over the dried lava to the beach. The lava tube was a great time as well.
Don't Miss: Lava flow
Kahului, Maui
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
We did the crater tour. Weather was not great and they should of canceld our excursion. We traveled over an hour in a bus to see fog. Our tour guide Randy at least kept us entertained. I would not recommend this excursion.
Nawiliwili, Kauai
Our Kyak tour and hike to the waterfalls was the best.
Don't Miss: Waterfalls