Pride of Hawaii (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Hawaii

Not bad, but needs some improvement

Sail Date: November 01, 2006

This was my first cruis and so I had nothing to compare it too. The design of the ship was well layed out. I was able to get to everytning with little effort. The interior desing in some areas was beautiful and others tacky. Staff in general friendly and helpful except for the dining areas. The itinereary was great and the excursion choices were plentiful, something for everyone.

Pros: Itinerary and our room steward

Cons: Service in the restaurants

Recommends Pride of Hawaii (RETIRED)? Yes!

The buffet is so so. Tasty options but I would have liked to have seen lighter or healthier options. Hamburgers and hot dogs were always available as an option and that gets old fast. The specialty restaurants were better. Cagneys was elegant and the food was very good. The Teppanyaki table at Jasmines was also well done. I was pleasantly surprised at Paniolo's. The food and service were very good and no extra charge!
This is hit or miss. Some were very helpful and did anything they could to accomodate. Others were barely civil.
Shows were pretty good. Had great programs in the fitness center but not too much to do on board during the day.
I found my stateroom to be pleanty large enough and my hiusband and I were able to unpack completely. The showere worked well and also was pretty roomy. Had room on the balcony for two chairs and a table. Great place for a quiet sunset. Our room stewar was GREAT! Our room was set up twice a day, always with clean towels (sometimes in animal form) and turned down every night with mints. He was super friendly and liked to sing while he worked.
This is a big ship with a lot af passengers but I never felt crowded. It is kept reasonably clean. Toward the end it seemed to take longer for room service dishes or the buffet area to get cleared. The pool was always clean as were the sun decks.