Pride of Hawaii (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Hawaii

A Crashing Disappointment

Sail Date: September 01, 2006

A bit gaudy, rugs soiled in main thoroughfares, average.

Pros: itinerary, food

Cons: Service Staff, extra's for everything

Some ladies washrooms looked as if they hadn't been cleaned in days! Didn't care for decor - I guess I compared it to HAL's classy ambience!
Really didn't like the idea of an extra service charge to use Specialty Restaurants. ALso the fact that out of the Specialty Resaturants offered three were Asian. Also 2 of the restaurants "included" Alizar and Grand Pacific had exactly same menu, which didn't give one much of a choice. Also choice of desserts was minimal, unlike Norweigan Sun and Hal - also no Midnight Buffet, no Chocoholic Buffet and not being able to get a cup of coffee or tea 24/7 unlike the the other 2 cruises we've been on!
Condition of stateroom good, our housekeeping staff friendly and we liked the layout of the bathroom - we felt we had more room
Had only one good act - Scott Alexander, a magician. Had crew members performing, which I found very amateurish. Alll in all not the best entertainment for my money. Also what happend to the Captain's Cocktail Party. On other cruises we've had canapes and champagne.
Not caring, hassling you for drinks all the time. Anytime I ordered something it was the wrong thing. Didn't bother giving me a glass for my drink when I went up the bar to order - also no ice which I especially specified. I thought I was overreacting, but after reading other people's reviews I can safely say they were the most poorly trained rude staff I've ever encountered on a cruise.