Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

Once you are aboard, you are screwed.

Sail Date: February 22, 2014

This was probably the worst vacation we had.  We were asked to have pictures taken twice by the time we boarded the ship.  Couples were taking pictures for each other so the expense and aggrivation by the crew was unecessary.

The fee includes a $12/day pp charge for tips.  That amount to $24/day.  Some of the crew rightfully deserved a tip, but 70% did not.  So the cruisers are subsidizing the payroll.

I didn't want to use the shampoo provided by the ship so I went to the ship store.  A 1.7 ounce (travel size) of shampoo was $3.15.

We upgraded the meal plan to be able to attend the prime restaurants.  We went to Cagney's which is the top shelf restaurant.  Our reservation was for 6:00 PM and were seated promptly.  Our waiter took our order and we were served our appetizer at 6:15.  We were served the appetizer, soup salad and entree by 6:39.  I refused the entree because we were not done with our salads. I ordered the French Onion Soup.  I removed 5 spoon fulls of cheese and their was still nuch to much of cheese in the soup.  When the manager asked how our dinners were so far, I mentioned the soup.  He took it back to the kitchen and the head chef agreed that there was too much cheese.  He came back later and again asked how the dinner was and we mentioned the 24 minute marathon of being served our dinner.  The restaurant was not 25% full so there was no reason to serve the dinner so quickly.  He apologized agani and said that he would give us a bottle of wine.  Ok.  But later he started making excuses for the server and I became so irate, we left with half of our dinner on the plate, sans wine. By the way, the 24% tip does not apply to the high end restaurants and other services.

On another night, we were having a very nice romantic dinner and up pops the photographer and asks if we would like our picture taken.  Please, having dinner in a high end restaurant and be pestered.

We went to lunch and pushed, not asked, if we wanted the $4.50 milk shake.

I can go on and on about the GREED of the executives of NCL. Their hads were constantly out and in your pocket.

Compare this cruise with going to Sandals.  Once you arrive at Sandals, you forget your wallet but NCL knows you have a wallet and want everything in it and then your credit card.

Don't waste your time and money with this cruise line, go to a resort!