An Okay Cruise

Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

Sail Date: June 01, 2012
Ship: Pride of America
The ship was clean but that is about all I can say that was positive. The Pride of America must be the single biggest money maker for NCL. The price for the cruise was greater than what you would pay for a longer cruise on a more upscale line like Princess or Celebrity. The food was just so so, uninspired and repetitive. The crew, which has to be at least 80% American as this is an American flagged ship that operates soley in American waters were just going through the the motions. This was our second time on this exact same ship and probably our 12th cruise in total and I just did not see the attention to detail or concern that you find on other ships. I did not meet our room steward until the third day of the cruise, I asked for extra ice for our room as I had injured myself on the second day of the cruise and something simple like ice never materialized. The cruiseline knew it was our anniversary and did nothing at all, whereas on RCCL and Princess those cruiselines decorated our door, gave us a cake at dinner, sent a nice note from the Captain, etc. Anticipating that they would do nothing I bought a romance package for $ 140..00 through NCL and had to spend the first day arguing with guest services to get all of the parts of the package. Poorly handled by NCL. On this cruise NCL does the bare minimum and spends the bare minimum on its passengers. NCL has to pay the cruise staff a real hourly rate of pay and has to pay them OT for going past 40 hours so this ship costs them more to operate than the others in their fleet. They make up their expenses with high charges for the cruise, and spending the minimum on the cost of food. I will never cruise NCL again, I am already booked on Celebrity's new ship the \"Reflection\" for March of 2013.

Pros: Itineary

Cons: Food and Service level

Recommends Pride of America? No.