Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

Hawaii was great, ship not so much

Sail Date: July 01, 2011

This is a great way to explore Hawaii for the first time. Rent a car for the 2 day stops at Maui and Kauai. If you desire alcohol get your fix on land and avoid the ship for that. Its amazing how much they charge and the amount of people willing to pay that much.

Pros: Great way to to explore Hawaii for first time

Cons: Alcohol too pricey, excursions pricey, no laundry facilty,

Recommends Pride of America? No.

Food was very dissapointing. The steak house was shocking. They are obviously buying low quality beef. My filet was the worst I have ever had. Potatoes were crunchy. I told the waiter about the quality and he didnt seem to care. There is a woman up front with no personality that didnt seemed to care either. She was working at the reservation counter when I commented on the poor quality and she had no response at all. We decided to try Tepanyaki on the last night and this was fun due to the personality of the chef, but food was poor quality again. I just dont get it. Is it the American crew that can not cook?
Nice ship. Did not explore too much due to avoiding going back on except for dinner and sleep.
Balcony stateroom was very nice. It should be for the price we paid. There was an issue with hot water availablity from time to time.
My only problem would be the food staff. Maybe I have been spoiled by the foreign staffed ships who might take more pride in their jobs. This is my first NCL cruise. Is this an NCL thing?
We were in Hawaii!!! We avoided go back to ship excpet to sleep.