Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

Rocky Ride

Sail Date: May 01, 2011

The ship rocked to the waves. This was my 8th cruise, and I have never experienced the rocking motion in any other ship. Someone suggested that they did not use the ship's stabilizers to save on fuel. I don't know if that's true or not but the rocking was!
The buffet was great. The specialty restaurants were good, although not free. The crew was friendly. The room was smaller than the other cruise lines. The bed was awful. It was saggy and old. The shows were mediocre. The non-smoking policy was strictly enforced and that's great. The itinerary was good.

Pros: The buffet

Cons: The ship

Recommends Pride of America? No.

The rooms were the smallest I have ever seen in a cruise ship. The bed was old and saggy.
I had a good experience with the crew, except the Skyline waiter.
I would rate only one group in the professional category. The rest were amateurs.
Felt like no stabilizers were in use. Cleanliness was evident everywhere. There were plenty of public restrooms. The decor was so-so.
We did not get good service on the Skyline restaurant (the free one). Our wait was long and the waiter seemed to be in a rush and not too friendly. But my cousin (there were 4 of us in this cruise) said that they received good service when they went. So, I would call that an average good! The buffet was great! They had many different menus everyday and the quality was very good!