Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

Great for first timers

Sail Date: March 01, 2010

This was our first time visiting Hawai'i and it is the BEST value. We priced hotels and inter-island travel expenses and with the cruise you get to see all the major islands, room and board for a fraction of the cost. The ship was small and not as nice as some other ships we have been on. The night entertainment was less than desirable; there were NO memorable shows. By far this was the most rocking we have ever experienced on a ship (it may be due to the huge waves that Hawai'i is known for and the size of the ship). The good thing is, you don't spend much time on the ship. Which is why I think this cruise is worth it if you want visit more than one island and don't plan on going back to Hawai'i.

Pros: Visted several ports in Hawai'i

Cons: Ship not that nice and food not so great

Recommends Pride of America? No.

We did not dine at any of the specialty restaurants because I think that it is ridiculous to charge for food on a cruise. And the food at the main dining rooms were not anything special, nothing I would order again. In fact, every night I wished I would have ordered something else.
The ships decor was not so nice, I didn't particularly like this ship.
Tiny rooms. We had an inside cabin. But clean and had room for our luggage (2) and clothes.
Nighly shows weren't that great but they did have interesting Hawai'ian activities planned durning the day