Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

A Great Bargain

Sail Date: May 01, 2006

This was my third NCL cruise in the Hawaiian islands in the last three years and I am still pleasantly surprised by the efficiency of the NCL staff, both onboard the ship and at the airport and port. Baggage handling is a breeze especially with the new "fly away" option. For a very modest $20 fee, NCL will pick up your bags from your stateroom and check them through all the way to your final destination...AND they check you in for the return flight and print your boarding passes before you leave the ship. You can go directly to security when you get off the bus to the airport without having to lug your bags. The Pride of America is very spacious and beautifully decorated. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The food was excellent; the wait staff was fast and very courteous. We never had to wait more than five minutes to be seated. The buffet was very well managed (no long lines) and had an excellent selection. I found the staterooms (inside cabins) to be very well maintained and very clean and comfortable with plenty of storage...not cramped at all. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND this to anyone who wants to go to Hawaii as reasonably as possible. For around $100 per day, this cruise is a GREAT BARGAIN!

Pros: Extremely convenient way to see Hawaii's attractions

Cons: The gift shops seemed very limited in their offerings. Entertainment was less than I expected, but ok.