A First Cruise

Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

Sail Date: September 01, 2008
Ship: Pride of America
We recently cruised on the Pride of America (our very first cruise). We enjoyed the ship and the cruise despite a few disappointments. Our stateroom was small (I guess I expected larger for the price) and it was dusty (had not been dusted in several weeks). The ship stopped at several ports and had ample time for excursions. I think NCL could have given more information regarding the free shuttles. The shore excursions could have been planned a little better. They gave too much time in some places and not enough in others.
However, the activities and shows aboard ship were great. It was a wonderful and beautiful experience and I'm glad that we did it.

Could have had more American style food on the buffet. Also I don't think there should be an extra charge for the Speciality restaurants. It should have been included in the fare.

Everyone was very friendly and helpful.

Public areas were clean and accessable.

Was very disappointed in size of stateroom. If we had not upgraded (for an extra charge), I would have been very claustrophic. As it was, we upgraded to one with a balcony. However, the one we had was very dusty. Don't think it had been dusted in a month!!

Pros: Large gathering rooms, pool and hot tub areas were great!

Cons: Small, dusty stateroom

Recommends Pride of America? Yes!