Pleasantly surprised!

Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

Sail Date: March 01, 2008
Ship: Pride of America
After reading the reviews for my upcoming cruise March 29th to April 5th 2008, on this website, I was pleasantly surprised! I expected to starve, be mistreated by staff, and live in a disaster area for a week. I have been on other cruises and cruise lines and would say that this line is very comparable. Contrary to what I read about staff prior to leaving, they were most accommodating, respectful and very friendly, never too busy to chat with us. I was surprised that even at the buffet they served us drinks, got us fresh water, etc. We did have two glitches, one was nothing but hot water and the other when our toilet didn't flush but each time the issue was resolved in a reasonable period of time. I think it's unjust to see in reviews that the American staff was not up to par, they exceeded my expectations! I had a great time!

Don't believe what you hear about the American staff. They were great!

Our housekkeeper was great! Very respectful and accommodating.

Pros: food, music, Hawaiian culture

Cons: too much loud music

Recommends Pride of America? Yes!