NCL does not care!

Pride of America Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Sail Date: June 01, 2007
Ship: Pride of America
My husband and I sailed on a NCL cruise ship to the Carribean and I contracted Scabies my doctor told me from dirty bed linen. We had beds nailed on the opposite sides of the room from each other, so my husband did not get this horrible bug infestation. If you don't know what Scabies is, let me describe it to you. It is parasites (real bugs) living in your skin and body and where ever itchy bumps form on your body (look like severe hives or mosquito bites only they are ALL over your body and they itch like you want to tear your skin off your body. Anyway, the bumps are them laying their eggs in your skin, to form more baby parasites to grow inside your body and appear itching on your skin! It's a vicious circle that can only be cured by a very high-potent antibiotic skin ointment that my pharmacist advised only to use once otherwise it could cause neurological damage. It took six months before these nasty bugs *finally* left my body. And all my bed linens and clothes had to be washed every day in HOT soapy water. My hubby and me could not have intimacy during this time otherwise he could contract it. The doctor showed me some pretty nasty pictures of what these things look like on a man's genitals, and it was nasty! That was enough for me to keep my husband at arm's length. Bad enough I got these things and certainly didn't want him to suffer with these bugs.

And what did NCL do for me during this entire ordeal?? Absolutely NOTHING. They would not return phone calls or faxes or my letter or anything. They totally ignored me like I was a bug that they stepped on. They had my money after all. I had the suffering of the worse thing that I've ever come back from a vacation with, and they didn't even offer me as so much as a bandaid or offer to pay for the ointment and the detergent. Nothing.

Since that time, I've tried to tell as many people as I can about this, and especially about the way NCL treated me. I will never ever take another NCL cruise as long as I live ... my life depends on it ... and so does my marriage.

Dirty bed linen. Bring your own linen if you dare to cruise with them, and bring bug repellant and bug spray, and while you're at it, bring Lysol. With the dirty housekeeping, you can't be too careful. Good luck, cause you're going to need it with NCL. Read ALL the comments here, and you'll see plenty of disenchanted folks with NCL.

Pros: NOTHING!

Cons: EVERYTHING!

Recommends Pride of America? No.