Bad Cruise

Pride of America Cruise Review to Hawaii

Sail Date: March 01, 2007
Ship: Pride of America
Poor/boring entertainment. Most walked out because it was so bad.

All our "free" invitations wanted you to purchase more and more.

Prices of photos were higher than their competors.

Staff wouldn't do as we requested.

Poor, poor, poor. The main dining took over an hour to be served and I had them just hold the dessert because we didn't want to waste more time, waiting. The quality was okay.

Nothing special. No glits or glamor. Just a guy telling poor jokes. Or, a talent show performed by staff. Cheap labor I suppose. It was awful and nothing like what other ships have had.

I asked the photo person to take some fun shots. She scolfed at me and told me that they did those yesterday and then proceeded to pose us the exact way as the previous family. No way was she going to do a fun shot for us.

The cleanliness was okay. Someone was working all the time. The disinfection stations were great, even though I still caught a cold.

The stateroom was average, however, the location was horrible. We were directly across the laundry/service station/room. They would dump dirty lines just outside our door. They also congregated outside our door at various hours of the day and laugh and carry on. We were on deck 11 and the higher you go, the pricier it is. Well, I wouldn't waste the money again. It was a horrible experience. We couldn't sleep due to all the commotion out in the hall.

Pros: The diving in Kona

Cons: The location

Recommends Pride of America? No.