Pride of Aloha (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Hawaii

Interesting cruise

Sail Date: February 11, 2007

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Don't get me wrong, we had a wonderful time. The kids club was very good! The kids club staff were very nice to me and my kids. My kids loved it there. The food was soooo bland. I wasn't expecting gourmet meals, but I also was not expecting low end buffet. We were at sea and NO seafood. The 2 times we ate in the diningroom took forever. We ate at port alot, even though we had to pay for it, it was better then what they had on the ship.

The ports were awesome! you may want to rent a car and go on your own. It was cheaper and alot of fun. Going past the volcano at night, is something my kids will newver forget!

The ship is old and run down. carpet shows wear and linen are stained. Once again you are only in your room to sleep. So just keep that in mind.

The staff was less then accomadating. We order kids packs for our kids 6 weeks before we got on ship. No one has any idea who we got them from where to pick them up or anything. At one point we were told if they a re not in your stateroom " to bad to sad". Serving staff in Dinningroom were bothered if you asked for anything...

We read the reviews and were not suprised by the staff or staterooms. But the kids club and ports were way better then expected!!!

Pros: Kids program

Cons: Food

Recommends Pride of Aloha (RETIRED)? Yes!

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii