Pride of Aloha (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Hawaii

It was a great experience.

Sail Date: December 01, 2007

We got a phenominal last minute price of $600 for an 11 day cruise with an ocean view. NCL tried to say it wasn't available, but we did get it, and they held up to their word and gave us an ocean view. I've never been on a cruise and was very impressed. The people who worked there were great, there was food everywhere and any time you could need it. I loved going to Fanning Island and going some place so remote--it was just a shame that it was such a short time, and some of the people on the ship had the mentality that there was "nothing to do" on this amazing, remote atoll. The food was good or OK depending on where you went, but I thought it was wonderful for what we got. We did the paid restaurant one night, and some of it was slightly better, but not in general worth it. The buffet has ranges of food. The worst thing about it were the passengers who created great big lines by getting in them and waiting instead of going to what they wanted, thus causing big delays. The ship needs a great big sign on the buffet saying NOT to get in line and just go get what you want.

My ONE problem is the air conditioning inside. I did NOT pack my winter clothes to walk to my room, eat, or watch a show, so had to wear a sarong over my shoulders. WHY is it so cold? It was wonderfully temperate outside, and always too cold inside. The pint of travelling to warm climates is to wear little all of the time, not to have to dress all of the time.

Pros: The people and the service was wonderful.

Cons: The WAY too cold air conditioning everywhere inside.

Recommends Pride of Aloha (RETIRED)? Yes!

It was very convenient and always something available, though the quality varied.
It was very well kept-up and clean, and generally easy to get around.
We got our ocean view in a cute room with all of the amenities. I thought it was wonderfully designed.
I thought they were wonderful and everyone in every job was great.
The shows were generally pretty good, and there was usually always something going on. I probably would have liked more interactive things going on poolside.
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Cute place. We just took the free bus down to one of the beaches and had a nice little snorkeling place, turtles and all.
Fanning Island, Kiribati
A completely cool place to go and wonderful to just walk and snorkle and see the island. I would have liked a lot more time, and wished I had snorkled oceanside. It's an amazing opportunity to just see nature and one of the most remote places. We walked because bicycle rentals were so outrageous. This should be made reasonable of $10 a day, not an hour.
Fanning Island, Kiribati
Kahului, Maui
We circled the smaller side of the island and the view and the cliffs were amazing. Somewhere along there there is a little town that sells banana bread and such. We picked up this outrageously expensive bag of coconut candy which was SOOOOOOO good. Because of the previous days' weather, we did not get to snorkle or do any of the amazing water activities available there.
Don't Miss: The coconut candy.
Hilo, Hawaii
This was the one with the volcano and observatory? Bummer you can't see flowing lava anymore.
Kahului, Maui
Don't Miss: The coconut candy.
Nawiliwili, Kauai
There is so much to do here, you really need more than one day.
Nawiliwili, Kauai
There is so much to do here, you really need more than one day.
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii