Pride of Aloha (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Hawaii

11 Pride of Aloha Cruise

Sail Date: October 20, 2007

We just completed an eleven day cruise of the Hawaiian Islands and Fanning Island.
It takes 2 consecutive sea days to and from Fanning Island that is long and you can become very restless. However, the trip is worth it. If you are out to party only, you may not enjoy this, but it is truly a unique experience and one I treasure. If you go, do not just stay on the beach for the things the cuise line offers and for the local craftsmen shops ,though both should be enjoyed. Take the locals truck tour or at least walk through the village for the 1 mile to the school. See how they really live. Visit their store. It is incredible to realize in this day and age, people still live in this primitve enviroment.

When visiting the Hawaiian Islands, take excursions or rent a car. Do research to find where to go. Most Islands are easy to navigate. You will not see Hawaii in it's glory staying around the ports. The beauty is hidden away to find. Make sure to make the trek to the "road to Hana". It's 52 miles that takes 3 hours to complete.

As for the Pride of Aloha itself, the ship is a nice ship. The overall daily service crew staff could use some customer service skills. There are of course exceptions. The specialty crew members were fine. It's just not what I've been accustomed to on cruise ships before, and I have sailed this cruise line before.

However, fun and relaxation is what you make it. For 11 days I did no cooking, housekeeping, or had any responsibility. Maybe asking more is a bit selfish.

Pros: Visiting Fanning Island

Cons: The "sea days" getting to Fanning Island

Recommends Pride of Aloha (RETIRED)? No.

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
probably didn't take the excursion I needed Husband went to scuba.
Don't Miss: Do a water, snokeling tour--Eat at Bubba Gumps
Fanning Island, Kiribati
I wouldn't worry about the shore excursion on this one. When you tender off the boat to the Island, NCL provides a lunch, there is a beach, and this is where the locals are, the school, and the churches.
Don't Miss: Go to the school, in the village, take the truck tour
Kahului, Maui

Don't Miss: The road to Hana
Nawiliwili, Kauai
We also rented a cab to go see where "Blue Hawaii" was filmed, and rented scooters to go see some of the waterfalls. My husband scuba dove here also
Don't Miss: Luau Kalamaku
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
probably didn't take the excursion I needed Husband went to scuba.
Don't Miss: Do a water, snokeling tour--Eat at Bubba Gumps