Pride of Aloha (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Hawaii

Exceeded my expectations.

Sail Date: May 28, 2006

The cruise ship was beautiful and better than anticipated. This was my husband and my 25th wedding anniversary. My father went with us as our chaperone (ha-ha). The ship staff acknowledged our anniversary with a bottle of champagne and also a wonderful cake at dinner the night that out anniversay fell on. We explored the entire ship and discovered so many activities and entertainment to be involved in. It was our good fortune to be chosen as a couple for the game "The not so Newlywed Game" in the Blue Hawiian lounge. We had a blast! There were two experiences however that made our trip on board very pleasurable. The first being the maining dining room The Crossing, where on the first night we discovered the absolute best waiter, Walter Mason and his Assistant Martha Kornowski. We dined with them for 6 of the 7 nights we were aboard. The dinner menu choices were outstanding and delicious. We doubled out deserts! We also thourghly enjoyed listening to musician Vic Pore, 6 nights also. We became fast friends and plan on keeping in touch.
The ports sites were breathtaking!! We reserved a car at each of the ports except Kona and had pre-planned our itinerary. We were able to see everthing we had planned plus more. What we enjoyed was that everthing was so easily accessable, and SO beautiful. On the second day on board we were already planning to save toward taking an Alaskan cruise in the future. My representatives name was Laurie Scott and I can not say enough about her. I called on several occassions and she always called back with a happy enthusiasm in her voice and ready to answer my question. Because my name is Lori, we would begin our conversation with, "Hi, Laurie from the East coast, this is Lori from the West coast". I felt like we had been friends for years. I am planning to call her one more time and let her know how much we enjoyed our trip and how much I appreciated her help. I enjoyed my booking experience with your company and when we start to plan our next cruise I will be calling Laurie.
Sincerely,
Lori Ward

Pros: The main dining room, entertainment and the ports.

Cons: Having to be served by the staff through the buffet dining.

Everone did there job.
Although there were shows in the main theater that were not our taste, we enjoyed the comedians and magician. Also the ship band and most of all Vic Pore who played mainly in the Captian Cook Lounge.
Everything was great!
The best, in The Crossing main dining room. Thanks to Walter Mason and Martha Kornowski! The buffets were made to serve us 3 days into the cruis due to sanitation issues. This did tend to slow things down, but I still gained 5 pounds. That should tell you something.
The room was larger even than my husband and I expected. The stateroom maid came through twice a day to straighten up. It was great.
Hilo, Hawaii
The Kilauea Volcano in the National Volcano Park was terrific. And the Botanical Garden was breathtaking.
Don't Miss: The Botanical Garden
Nawiliwili, Kauai
What a beautiful island. We drove to the end of the road to the North of the island and then back down and to the South East side in a day.
Don't Miss: The Wailua Falls and the Fern Grotto
Kahului, Maui
The first day we traveled the Road to Hana with a CD we picked up to narrate our trip up the coast. The second day we went to wonderful town which the name escapes me. We also went on a helicopter tour to West Maui and the island of Molikia. It was the highlight of our week in ports.
Don't Miss: A helicopter tour
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
I enjoyed the shops along the dock site, there were so many and such a variety to visit. We also took a submarine tour and my husband then went off to snorkel at a near by beach which he reached by easy shuttle access.
Don't Miss: The shops.