Pride of Aloha (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Hawaii

NCL CRUISE

Sail Date: August 19, 2007

Where to begin? Our room steward was tipped in advance whether or not a good job was done, so the job she did was almost adequate. After being onshore all day one tends to look forward to a good hot meal but that was anticlimactic every time. Being hungry at least three times every day, we kept giving NCL chance after chance to redeem themselves but to no avail. We even tried the cover charge restaurants (Italian & French themed) in hopes that if we paid more and more the food would leave us with fond memories of our cruise.NOT. Our most memorable meal was on a kayaking excursion on our first day in which sandwiches were prepared to our previous order (a checklist) on homemade Hawaiian bread; they were absolutely awesome! If I had known what bad food lay ahead of us on the rest of the cruise I would of stocked up and packed our mini fridge with their sandwiches! Oh and lets not forget the meal at the food court at the queens mall on Maui. They could have put NCL out of business if it came to food ratings! I hate to say it but the mixed drinks were in the same caliber as the food. One paid through the nose for these things such as pina coladas, the stuff cruise dreams are made of, but with the quality of the mixes and the inexperienced bar staff mixing them, it was a disasterwe tried to stay with what we knew they couldnt mess up, cans of Coors lites.

I really liked the excursions offered and the fact that if your excursion (booked through NCL) was late coming back, the ship would wait on you which came in handy once.

Thats about it. My next HI vacation Im going to fly there, rent a camper van, use the super flyer ferry and spend my money where I will get satisfaction knowing that I will get something in value for it in return. Aloha!

Pros: EXCURSIONS

Cons: FOOD AND MIXED DRINKS

Recommends Pride of Aloha (RETIRED)? No.