Pride of Aloha (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Hawaii

Worst Cruise experience I've had

Sail Date: August 01, 2007

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I found most of the crew very unhelpful and at times rude. When I first entered our stateroom the glasses were dirty and we had one bath towel and no hand towels. I've never seen a ship run out of food, yet this ship ran out of menu items on several occasions. Overall the ship was clean and pleasant, however, believe what you hear about how small the rooms are and how hard the beds are. Yet, if that had been the only problem I would have recommended the ship.

Pros: The Palace dining room offered the best meals and value.

Cons: Service on board was terrible. We constantly had to ask for ice and clean towels.

Recommends Pride of Aloha (RETIRED)? No.

Don't fall for the "Freestyle" slogan. The problem with unassigned dining is that you have to wait 20-45 minutes at times to be seated. I did not care for this at all. The buffet area ran out of food at times, and was always crowded.
We had to use room service to get ice since the steward only filled our ice bucket twice the entire cruise.
The ship decor was very nice, and the public areas very pleasing.
This is my biggest complaint. Only a few crew members ever greeted or even seemed friendly. Most seemed bothered when asked for assistance.