Pride of Aloha (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Hawaii

The cruise was just ok.

Sail Date: November 05, 2006

Room Type: Suite

Traveling around the islands was great. The people assigned to taking care of us and our room were very nice. The meals at the Crossing and the Palace were good. However the service was poor. Very unorganized. The shows were weak, and onboard activities were weak, compared other cruises I have been on. I didn't like the fact everything onboard seemed to cost something. I spoke with a person the front office mangement. He listened to my concerns and said he would make sure these things were mentioned at their meetings. I made it sound like the freestyle cruising was the reason for being unorganized. I was also told that over the next 3 years more of NCL ships are going to this freestyle foremat. With on ship going to have 6,000 passengers. I hope they don't do this. Right now they can't handle 2,000 people. There were a lot complaints from people I spoke with. I will not recommend this cruise to anyone, I will not be going again myself.

Pros: the suite was very nice

Cons: Did not like how after spending so much on the room, we still had to pay for everything on the ship (alcohol excluded) We were told we were VIPs, but I sure didn't feel like one.

Recommends Pride of Aloha (RETIRED)? No.

I was in the Antares suite. Very nice.
No comment.
Should have a casino
Food at the Crossings and Palace was great, The buffet was poor. Just average food.
Everyone I came into contact with was nice. But overall very unorganized, or inexperinced.
Kahului, Maui
We rented a car and went up the crater and the other side of the island. We enjoyed ourselves the best on this island. The second day we just walked to the shops near the ship.
Hilo, Hawaii
We just walked around the old town
Nawiliwili, Kauai
We rented a car and took in the sites on our own.
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
We just walked around the town and had lunch