Pride of Aloha (RETIRED) Cruise Review to Hawaii

The Best Cruise Yet!!!

Sail Date: July 28, 2006

Cruising alone I did not try the specialty dinning but the quality and service of the 2 main dinning rooms were wonderful. The staff was courteous and friendly, especially to a lady alone and that was one of the nicest parts of the trip. The buffet was not quite as positive, although set up nice...a bit more control of the pushing and shoving and wandering children would have made it better (although I am not sure what the crew could have done to help that, except to have each food group a little farther apart and then the lines would be shorter and more streamlined) The ship itself well maintained and lovely. It was not as new of course as the Pride of Hawaii nor as big stateroom size but had a regal elegance that I really enjoyed. The staff and crew made the ships friendly feeling very apparent and greatly make up for any noticeable flaw. (although there not many). I would suggest placing the name cards of your room steward in the room , she was so nice that I would have liked to call her by her name from the first day. The tours were all great and although expensive, very well planned and really fun...I want to come back for more surfing!!! Also I really felt safe on NCL tours and did not have the worryy of wondering if the ship would wait if the tour was late. I would recommend this trip to Hawaii even if you can not find someone to go with you....It was awesome ...and I paid double! All in all I would definitely recommend the Pride of Aloha for a wonderful vacation.

Pros: The friendly crew staff and the entertainment

Cons: Coming to the end of the seven days and having to leave the ship

Very clean and well maintained
The main dinning rooms were like dinning at a 5 star restaurant, only better because the staff was really friendly and you got to go back every night!
Not the biggest but Very clean nice and a very comfortable bed. I was very pleased noy having to ask for the twins to be made as a queen, which I prefer. It was done when I got to my room!
Everone I met was the nicest friendliest person possible, short of one staff member that was dismissing people off the ship for tours on one day..and she may have just had someone upset her because that was not the norm for thecrew I met. A good example was when I was sitting in the lounge the first evening as I had not met any other passengers yet and I do not go to bars or lounges and rarely drink and was feeling a bit awkward, the waiters and waitresses would stop and talk to me a bit when they went around, EVEN THOUGH I DID NOT BUY A DRINK! And I did not all evening... To me that set the tone for my trip...I met lots of amazing people and will remember this trip forever!
Great entertainment.....although a really good comedian, the lady from New Yorks humor did not seem to fit the postivive vibes of the rest of the entertainment.
Honolulu, Oahu
Pearl Harbor was amazing and awe inspiring! I came back for another cruise just so I could see Honolulu as the cruise prior ported there but I got on the ship late and got off early to fly home.
Don't Miss: An Asia specialty shop right off the ship...Nice salesperson, great dresses etc.
Nawiliwili, Kauai
It was rainng and I had booked surfing lessons. We went but it was cold and and I was a real beginner. It should have been cancelled. I did have a good time with was I was able to do and the instructors were very positive. Would have been great without the rain. Theday before I went snokeling and as a beginner It was awesome...The guies were very patient and I saw amazing things.
Don't Miss: Sea Fun Beach Snorkel Great for beginners, even ones that are not kids!
Kahului, Maui
My favorite port...great atmosphere. Lahania was really neat. I wish I had discovered that on the first day instead of the last day!
Don't Miss: Water sports at Lahania.
Hilo, Hawaii

Don't Miss: Volcanoe National Park...awesome
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Great port, very beautiful, friendly people.
Don't Miss: "A" Beach was the most much you could do and it was beautiful. Glass bottom boat was great, snorkeling, etc. They have everthing you could possibly want to do, plus shopping and eating!