Pacific Princess Cruise Review to Other (Asia/Africa/Middle East)

Pretty ordinary cruise

Sail Date: May 12, 2012

Room Type: Suite

We are experienced cruisers and looked forward to a 600 person ship which we would compare to the Azamara Journey that we went to antarctica on.
The food was banal, same old same old Princess menu.
The entertainment was lame, the dancers mostly did arm waving and the two singers were of predictable "Useful" standard, we gave up on going to the "Showtime" shows.
The ship's shoppping was highlighted by selling excess stock from Hawaiian cruise (we went Israel/Egypt/Turkey/Italy) and Caribbean old tee shirts and stock. People shook their heads
sadly at the odd trinkets and garments.Ship IS going soon for a refit and needs some excitement.

Pros: I selected a mini suite cabin by mistake and was allocated to it

Cons: Small ship, only one dining room, fixed seating. Same 6 dancer/entertainers

Recommends Pacific Princess? No.

Other than one comedian that came on board for one night (V funny)the choreography was mainly arm waving 6 poor dancers jumping around, doing slides and working hard for poor effect. Not their fault.
I selected a cabin on Level 8 and received confirmation from that I was allocated a cabin on Level 7 with partial obstructed view. I shrugged and printed out the luggage tags.
On shp we were given room keys for the selected cabin (Level 8) and our luggage was delivered to the Level 7 cabin. Nobody cared that we were on Level 8 so we remained in it. Lucky me.