Pacific Princess Cruise Review to Other (Asia/Africa/Middle East)

Great Itinerary

Sail Date: May 01, 2006

We really enjoyed cruising on this smaller ship. It allowed people to get to know one another more, especially after 16 days. We met a lot of nice people and have a lot of good memories. About three days into the cruise the noro virus hit. The staff tried to cover up any blame they might have and put all the blame on the passengers for not properly washing hands or reporting any symptoms (hard to blame them--if you called the doctor you were quarantined to your room for 48 hrs, which means you were not allowed off of the ship, and after the 48 hours you could get off of the ship, but were not allowed on any of the ship's shore excursions). As a nurse who works with infection control in a hospital, I saw a lot of habits by waiters that caused me to believe they were the vectors spreading the virus, but when I talked to the person in charge of dining he denied any wrongdoing. Since there were quite a few people staying on, I wonder if it affected the next group of people who boarded in Bangkok.

Pros: ports

Cons: not enough time in ports, noro virus