Breathtaking

Ovation of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Ovation of the Seas

7 Night Alaska Glacier (Seattle Roundtrip)

Sail date: August 23, 2019

Ship: Ovation of the Seas

Cabin type: Balcony

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

I would do this cruise again. It was amazing! We saw a ton of whales as we just cruises along into Juneau. The entertainment on board was very good. The food and beverage staff were all very attentive and pleasant. I would do it agin for sure.

Embarkation

Very easy. We were on the ship from our shuttle in less than 30 minutes.

Ship experiences

They were all great. The only exception were the scrambled eggs in the Windjammer Cafe. They were not so good.

Silk

This was our main dining room for dinner. We had great meals and great staff serving us. They were all wonderful!

Windjammer Marketplace

It does get crowded, but what else would you expect for a main eating venue. The variety of foods was great. They even had an entire gluten free area that was nice.

The Café @ Two70

Great coffee and finger foods. Good wraps and other sandwiches.

Sorrentos

A stop almost every night. Great pizza and what more could you ask for after a few drinks later at night than to grab a slice!!

SeaPlex Doghouse

We ate here once and the dogs were good. They had a small variety too. Great lunch spot.

Schooner Bar

Bartenders were always friendly and attentive. Drinks were always made well.

Pool Bar

The drinks were well made and I did not have to wait long for service at all.

North Star Bar

The drinks were made well each time I visited.

Café Promenade

The coffee was good and the baked goods were amazing. My daughter loved the macrons.

Bionic Bar

Very unique and neat and experience. The drink selection was extensive, alcoholic and non-alcoholic, and you can make your own creations as well.

We did rock climbing, bumper cars, NorthStar, pools, the fitness center, etc..... I can complain about any. All were as good as I hoped. The only issue my wife had was the “hard selling” techniques when she went for a massage trying to get her to buy products. Outside of that I have no complaints.

Running Track

This was possibly the longest cruise ship track I have used. It does get crowded later in the day with people walking around, but it’s generally good. I also like that it ramps up to go around the front of the ship.

Guest Services

I went there twice and each time my issue was promptly addressed to my satisfaction.

Rock Climbing Wall

We climbed twice and found it to be quite challenging. The staff was very helpful.

Royal Esplanade

The place to be in the center of the ship. It does get somewhat crowded though. Beautiful area with a lot of good venues around. I would recommend less sales items put out by the cruise line as it does make it difficult to move at times.

Each show we watched was very good. If you’re expecting broadway, then you may be disappointed. But, I felt they were very entertaining.

SeaPlex

The kids on our trip spent the majority of their time here. It is a great multipurpose area with a lot to do. My only knock is that Royal caribbean rented the area out one night for a private event. We all paid to be on the ship and use it. That was poor!

All of the staff we encountered were pleasant and helpful. Especially out main dining room staff. They were exceptional.

The ship was very clean. Our stateroom was kept nice and beat by the attendant.

Cabin was 11644. It had a large balcony. The only knock was when the pull out couch was out it left almost no room to get by to the balcony.

Ship tip

Get ready to have fun! And the deluxe beverage package is well worth the price for sure!

Ports of call

Seattle, Washington

Things to see. A day or two before sailing is plenty.

Juneau, Alaska

What a great town with beautiful sights.

Skagway, Alaska

I would go back here in a minute. Beautiful and very small. It was very clean and neat.

CRUISE ENDICOTT ARM & DAWES GLACIER

Beautiful waterfalls and views from our balcony.

Victoria, British Columbia

Surprisingly amazing. I could live here it was so beautiful and clean. It also felt very safe while walking around.

Disembarkation

Using the airline service on board to book our checked bags to our final destination was great. It made leaving so easy...... besides missing the experiences on the ship.

1 Comment