Oosterdam Cruise Review to Mexico

The best food.

Sail Date: November 01, 2006

Room Type: Suite

A mid sized ship 1800 passengers. Our verandah suite was as big as some hotel rooms. We had a double and a single bed with plenty of space but there should have been a curtain or divider for the single bed so that person could read while we slept, and have some privacy. On other cruises even with good food I have often found nothing to suit me on the dining room menu. On this cruise I found a great choice every night and almost everything tasted great. My two companions agree. The passengers were largely older and there was a very relaxed feeling all around.

Pros: Menu selection and quality of food.

Cons: Mechanical problems resulting in a change in itinerary so we only had 4 hours in Cabo San Lucas.

Recommends Oosterdam? Yes!

Good entertainment but not as flashy as prior cruises. Also the cruise director gave, what were to us, tiresome speeches before every show.
It is easier to get around this ship than some of the giants we have been on.
This was the eighth cruise for my wife and I and we both felt the choice of food and quality were the best. One silly thing in the buffet ice cream bar the station on one side had no fudge or other sauces but did have nuts. On the other side they had the sauces but no nuts. Neither were set up to do a bannana split.
The biggest cabin (verandah suite) and bathroom we have ever had on a cruise. Even a separate shower and decent size bathtub with two sinks in the bathroom..
Staff were all good natured and very pleasant but we had more language problems than on any of our other cruises. We had room service every day (7 days). Every day there was something wrong. Two cups for 3 people, coffee and tea for 4 with 4 cups for three people, Pastries sent when we asked for none and so on. The staff were so willing and pleasant though we were not too bothered. We gave extra tips to our dining room waiter and his assistant.