Great service, Lots to Do, Beautiful ports and scenery

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 1 cruise (first)

Overall rating:

Oasis of the Seas

7 Night Western Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: September 09, 2018

Ship: Oasis of the Seas

Cabin type: Oceanview

Cabin number: 8694

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

Being my first cruise, I read everything online I could. Did I overpack? YES, but that's me on any trip. We had excellent wait staff from the main dining room (You are awesome Kenroy & Herpaul!) to our room attendant (Takes great care of you - thanks, Alson). The food was excellent in the main dining room and at the Chop House. Windjammer was good also with lots of choices but some of the desserts were bland. The staff was very friendly and accomodating in the Windjammer. Entertainment was top knotch. Ended up watching CATS twice! Before you watch it, read a summary of the Cats story so it will make more sense. Very talented dancers and singers. "Come Fly With Me" was also very good. Amazing talent there. We also enjoyed Frozen in Time (started off a little slow but boy does it get better!). Loved the oceanview balcony room - this is a must for future cruises for us.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

Silk

This was our main dining room where we ate dinner every night but one. Very good selection of appetizers, entrees and desserts. And don't pick just one, try several of each. Our wait staff - Kenroy and Herpaul - made us feel like royalty. I've never had service like that. We felt like we were the most important people on the boat while we dined there. Get to know the others at your table - we met some great ladies we got close to - Zoe and Betty. Food that we got elsewhere on the boat and off the boat now, will not compare to what we had at Silk. Special thanks to Jerome for his assistance and hospitality.

Park Cafe

We kept coming back to this Café for lunch for their specialty sandwich (an odd name I can't remember) but it was like a roast beef that they cut in front of you. One of my favorite meals on the boat.

Johnny Rockets

We ate lunch here once and enjoyed the inclusive breakfast option here several times. We enjoyed one of the wait staff - Hazel - great personality as well as service. Loved the dancing the staff did. Music was entertaining too! Food was really good.

Chop's Grille

Nice quiet atmosphere, you feel like you're in a private club. Service was good and the food was amazing. Best steak I've every had and the side dishes were plentiful. Dessert was one of the best things I ate while on board.

Cafe Promenade

Loved having this option - especially late at night. The Oatmeal Cookies are to die for. TRY THEM!

Casino Royale

Spent some time in the Casino but didn't enjoy a non-smoking atmosphere because the smokers are in the same room. Need better ventilation system or something to help with this. Others in my group did quite well with their winnings (my dad won $2400+ on a quarter slot machine).

AquaTheater

Enjoyed the outdoor movie experience. Would like to suggest playing funny videos or something during the down time of this venue.

Ship tip

Get to know the staff and meet others on the ship.

Ports of call

Port Canaveral, Florida

Labadee (Cruise Line Private Island)

Falmouth, Jamaica