Best cruise of my life

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 2-3 cruises

Overall rating:

Oasis of the Seas

7 Night Western Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: April 15, 2018

Ship: Oasis of the Seas

Cabin type: Inside

Cabin number: 8400

Traveled as: Singles/Friends

Review summary

Overall a great relaxing cruise. The ship had lots to do if you wanted or you could relax and do nothing. I was happy that I went and will return one day.

Embarkation

The embarkation process was pretty fast considering the large number of people in line to get on the ship.

Ship experiences

The American Icon Grill dining room was exceptional. Food was great and our server was awesome. I stayed away from the buffet's as that is my personal choice. I did not go to any specialty restaurants.

American Icon Grill

Very good food and service!

I did the zip line and ice skating. Visited the fitness center one day and played putt putt golf. Nice things to do on days at sea.

Loved the shows so much I went to each one a second time! The first time went at my reservation time and the second viewing, I took my chances in the stand by line.

No children traveling with me this trip.

Loved the wait staff and our room steward. Everyone was very accommodating and willing to assist in my needs.

Loved the design and ship overall. Noticed some of the corridors smelled like dirty water probably from a water leak or something. Carpets could use a thorough cleaning.

This was my first time in an interior room and I thought I wouldn't like it. I was proved wrong it was very roomy and comfy.

Ship tip

Once on board go sit by a pool for a few hours to start your vacation. The Windjammer was wall to wall people, stay clear if possible. Go to the Park Cafe on deck 8. Very nice place for breakfast and lunch if you want to avoid the crowds. Also the Solarium Bistro was a nice choice, not as busy as the other dining rooms. Go get a hot dog or brat on deck 6 if you want a quick snack or light lunch.

Ports of call

Port Canaveral, Florida Did not visit port

Been there, done that

Labadee (Cruise Line Private Island)

Falmouth, Jamaica

Disembarkation

The port could use more signage, lots of people not knowing where to go. I ended up getting a porter to get through the customs line faster. Was told there were only 2 people working customs.