Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review

Sail Date: October 22, 2017
Ship: Oasis of the Seas
For reference, I'm a 50+ solo cruiser. This was my first RC cruise and my seventh cruise overall. The boat is very clean on par with Disney World.

Food:
The food in the MDR is somewhat boring and not worth the hassle factor. My breakfast order was always incomplete.
I did first night done right at Giovanni's Table. The food and service were excellent. Definitely worth a $15 up charge.
I had breakfast, lunch and dinner at Solarium Bistro. It's a great, quiet venue.
I had dinner at Sabor. The guacamole is made to order. Everything was good, and the service was great. It was worth the $19 up charge. I did the Windjammer a couple of times. The food is much better than what's offered in the MDR. However, there is a lot of action in the Windjammer( cruisers and staff and several food stations).

Entertainment:
I love musicals and have seen three Broadway musicals in the past three years. I enjoyed Cats although I'm still trying to figure out what a jellicle cat is. Many people left at intermission. It is 2.5 hours long, so consider reserving the Saturday matinee.

I enjoyed the ice show, the dive show, the headliner, and the family friendly version of the comedians. I caught the farewell parade which was lively and interesting.

Stateroom

I had a balcony stateroom, which was a wonderful treat until the gentleman two cabins down started smoking on his balcony. I reported it to guest services, but I don't think they said anything to him because he continued to smoke on the balcony. I just went inside my cabin when he was smoking and flicking his ashes in the ocean. My stateroom steward was nice and did a good job.

Service:
Nothing to complain about. However, on other cruises, the staff often greeted me by name, made eye contact and seemed genuinely concerned. Service on the ship is effective but no staff member provided a memorable experience.

Misc.

I enjoyed the Solarium area that is reserved for adults. Quiet, plenty of chairs and peace. There's a nice walking/jogging track on deck 5.

Final Thoughts:
RC does most things exceptionally well. I received good value for my money. I stepped off the boat well rested.