Inspection Tour & Lunch On board The Oasis of the Seas

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Oasis of the Seas

7 Night Western Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: July 16, 2017

Ship: Oasis of the Seas

Traveled as: Large Group

Review summary

Although I have previously sailed on The Oasis of the Seas and her sister ship, The Allure of the Seas, when I was invited to a ship tour of The Oasis, I jumped at the opportunity. After parking in the Employee Parking Lot directly across from Terminal 1, I joined the line of travel agents for Check In. In addition, there was a wedding party also waiting to join the ship for the day. It took quite awhile to get our driver's licenses substituted for a lanyard with our boarding card. When everyone had arrived, thirty to forty of us, we were divided into three groups. I was in the group led by Joanne of RCCL. Before long, we quickly went through Security and boarded the ship on Deck 5. Joanne led us at a steady pace and we took an elevator to Deck 17. On this deck were the suites that I was looking forward to seeing. Our first stops were at the Royal Loft Suite, 1744 & Crown Loft Suite, 1708. Then we visited a Boardwalk Balcony room, 9701, Aqua Theater Suite (2 BR) #9730, followed by Grand Suite, 9660, Royal Family Suite, 9644, Central Park Window, 9593 and an Inside Stateroom. All the rooms were well appointed and lovely. Since we boarded before the stewards had time to complete their cleanings, we were able to these and many other staterooms not on our official list. After the stateroom visits, we toured the Neighborhoods of the ship. When we passed the Wipe Out Cafe, we stopped for an ice cream cone but kept on walking while we ate. Our tour included Central Park, Boardwalk including taking a carousel ride, Promenade and the Entertainment Place. I noticed that the Donut Shop was replaced by Boardwalk (Hot) Dog House and a new restaurant was in boardwalk. We also visited the Opal Theater, AquaTheater, Studio B Ice-Skating Theater, Solarium Pool, Sports Pool and Beach Pool. We peeked into many of the lounges, bars and alternative restaurants along the way. Joann didn't waste a minute during the tour. Just as we started getting a bit tired, it was time to join the group for lunch. Instead of dining in the Main Dining Room, we had a buffet set up for us at the Blaze Nightclub. The buffet included refreshments, a wide variety of Hors D'oeuvres and a dessert bar. Although most of our group left the ship after lunch, I continued on visiting those parts of the ship not covered on the tour. I visited the two Flow Rider, Zip Line, The Windjammer, Main Dinning Room, Casino and the Rising Tides Bar. All too soon it was time to leave the ship. It was a fun but tiring day and I loved every minute of it. The ship is maintained well - everything is bright, cheerful and shiny. The food was delicious and the staff was helpful, friendly and professional. Now that The Oasis is home ported in my local port, Port Canaveral, there will be many opportunities for me to sail on my favorite ship again.

Embarkation

Ship experiences

Rode the Carousel, played Dunes Mini Golf

I was on for a tour of the ship

I was just on for a tour of the ship & lunch

Loved everything about the ship. She was clean, bright, colorful and most attractive. The ship was well-maintained.

Ship tip

Be sure to have a drink at the Rising Tide Bar.

Ports of call