A rocky ride, but the Captain did the best he could.

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Cruises: 4-6 cruises

Overall rating:

Oasis of the Seas

7 Night Eastern Caribbean (Port Canaveral Roundtrip)

Sail date: January 08, 2017

Ship: Oasis of the Seas

Cabin type: Suite

Cabin number: 1712

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

My favorite part of the cruise was dining at 150 Central Park. The food and the service were outstanding. The Atlas pub has a nice selection of beer, and renting a cabin in sky class had it's nice perks.

They have a problem with adding items onto your bills, so watch out for that. It is a hassle to deal with these so I suggest they get their act together in this department. They take them off when finding they aren't your charges, but it takes up quality time when going to have them taken off at guest services.

We stayed in cabin 1712, and Stephan and his assistant did a fine job of cleaning our room each day. Friendly greetings whenever we saw them in the hallway. Guido in the private lounge was also nice and my son enjoyed visiting with him.

Other than the food in 150 Central Park, all the other food was just okay, as was the service. The service in Coastal Kitchen was good and we enjoyed two meals there.

St. Thomas was quite dirty compared to my last visits there. We did find a new bar and tried it out this trip called the Royal Anchor. The owner (who had just made his homemade pierogies) and the bartender Matoya were very friendly and fun to be around. We shopped a bit and bought Belgium chocolates and such, then stopped into our regular bar there Coconuts.

Nassau, was fun at Senor Frogs. My son had his first steps into an ocean (at 40 years old) and it was COLD! lol

St. Martin was very nice as were all of the people who I encountered there. Will visit there again in the future.

We went to see the theater performance of Cats. I thought my son and sister would enjoy it, but they didn't care for it. We saw the comedy show one night and that was pretty fun. My sister took her grandchildren to the movie and said it was a great time.

Ship experiences

A loft cabin with bed upstairs and a fold out couch for another. Coffee maker, hot pot, coffee provided daily. Buckets of ice twice a day. Bottled water and fruit bowl upon arrival. Two bathrooms, on on each level. Balcony just right for two people. Television on each level. Enjoyed and would book one again.

Ship tip

Suite guests need not book shows in advance. The concierge in the Coastal lounge will do so for you when you ask. If you fly in and out of Orlando, they can valet your large suitcase(s) and check them right through to your final destination.

Ports of call