Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean

We took other cruise lines and enjoyed them better

Sail Date: September 17, 2016

Reviewed: 16 days ago

I would recommend this cruise to others depending on what they want in a cruise. This ship was way to large and to many people for us.  Everywhere we went it was crowded, the elevators, the pool, the hot-tubs, restaurants, stores, etc.....Getting on and off also was very long lines.  This is something we did not experience in a smaller ship and feel that we both enjoy the smaller ship much better.  The food was good, but not as good as the other cruise line we have been on twice.  Our room was very nice and the bed was very comfortable.  All the service was very good.

We didn't like the additional charges for what appeared to be everything.  There were many other restaurants, but they all cost more just to eat there.  That is just crazy. And an additional $16.95 for a filet mignon when that was included on the other cruises we took.

One annoying item was the fact that they ran out of towels on the pool deck several times, but not only was that annoying, it was more annoying that I waited in a line 30 people deep to get that towel only to find out there were none

by time I got up there.  The attendant said it would be about 15 minutes till there were more towels.  The interesting thing was that there were many towels laying all by themselves on lounge chairs for long periods of time and nobody there to use them.  I don't believe this is right for people to do this!  I never do this, I just deal with finding a chair when I get on deck!

The pools were extremely small and were constantly wall to wall people, people just standing in the water not doing anything but staying wet and cool.  Can't the pools be a little bit bigger?

We did attend the art auction and had previously purchased some small art on the other cruise line, but this auctioneer was extremely obnoxious and rude!  And on several occasions he be-littled people for getting up, he tried to embarrass them or make them feel guilty for leaving.  My sister in law overheard him talking to his assistant a few days later complaining about how bad the art sales were, but said it in a nasty way.

Another item my husband suggested that there should have been some maps readily available in a printed form or on the daily newspaper that was given to us in the room.  It was hard to find your way around the ship the first few days because it was so large, and I think we never even saw the whole ship during our week.

So, to sum this up, John and I will probably not go on another large cruise ship again.

We liked it very much! Aris, our stewart, was right on top of things, it was like he secretly watched to see when we left because when we came back it was all tidy. And I loved his towel designs, very nice, and it was a treat at the end of the evening to see what he had made.
Very long lines probably due to so many people on the ship. The other problem was there were many people cutting into the line and nobody telling them to get in the back. It was very hot and people just wanted back on the ship.
The time we were in a port seemed very short. Why can't we arrive at 7AM and leave at 7PM to give a longer time on the island. When we were in Nassau I think that might have only been about 6 hours, not very long at all!
Our waiter Euclid Malacao B was terrific (not sure if spelled correctly) and his assistant Ni Luh Erlawati was terrific as well. Also our cabin stewart was Aris and he was also awesome. We were very happy with them all
The food was good, but not terrific.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Extremely long lines for customs after we left the ship. Also had a baggage handler with a cart that worked there actually say to my husband "I'll run your ass over" because he stepped in front of him accidentally not knowing he was coming. We were just in line for customs.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Go early to whatever event you are attending to avoid very long lines.