Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Purser

I will return!

Sail Date: September 17, 2016

I am looking forward to going on this ship again in March.  All of the crew was very friendly & would visit apart their country.  The ship was a little hard to navigate, I kept getting lost.  We tried several different food options & generally pleased with them.  I do wish they would offer more healthy snack options like carrot sticks.  The only dining options open late were sandwiches or pizza.  Embarkation went pretty smoothly quickly.  The shows were all fantastic.  They only had 2 of the ice shows & we got there too late the first show (with reservations) to get a seat so had to stand.  The ice rink is only available for open skating just 1 day so keep an eye out for it.  We went to the dining room several times (MTD) & were seated pretty quickly.  I would recommend that you 0get a table for 2 as the large table we sat at 1 night took 2 & 1/2 hours.  The Splish Splash show was only scheduled 1 time & that was cancelled for technical difficulties.  We did enjoy the movies in the Aqua Theater.  We had to opportunity to go on a galley tour for $20 each & it was fantastic.  We were served snacks & champagne after the tour.  We also went on a garden tour in Central Park.  I would definitely recommend both tours.  They should be on a Do Not Miss list.  Leaving the ship in port went quickly as long as you remember to have your sea pass card & picture ID.  Running out of ice seemed to be an issue as well as the soda machines were picky & you had to try several times to fill your soda mug.  They didn't seem to have iced tea available until noon.  My friend did not like the piano player but there was so much to do & listen to that we just tried something else.  These issues were so small that they would not keep me from cruising on the ship again.

Didn't use.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
We stayed a couple of days post cruise. Do not miss the Water Taxi.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Philipsburg, St. Maarten

Make your reservations for the shows in advance & keep them.