Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean

Oasis is nearly perfect 40th Anniversary Trip

Sail Date: September 03, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Room Type: Suite

Would like a store on board that sells some souvenirs and snacks, magizines, and things like toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc . Souvenir selection is very minimal

Grand suite are very nice - this was our 40th anniversary , so we upgraded to a suite , so nice
Suite service of expedited on /off ship - worth the suite cost alone. We didn't even have any delays at customs.
The only complaint is that air conditioning in rooms is kept at between 72-74 degrees - we had to request that the controls be reprogrammed for cooler setting during the duration of the cruise- which the crew did quickly( we like it very cool for sleeping) .
San Juan is not worth leaving the ship for, so many people begging / asking for money. Labadee is nice , but the private island in the Bahamas is better. St Marteen always great
The adult comedian was very rude , we had to leave the show as my wife was not feeling well , and he proceeded to insult us as we left. Also CATS - sure can't figure out why this is such a highly awarded and long running musical- we have seen Chicago, MamaMia, Hairspray, The Phantom of the Opera, and Grease - loved them all. But CATS is one strange play , by intermission about a third of the audience had left .
Food service kudos were given above, however our room steward - Putu ( room 12260) deserves a promotion. Every time he saw us he greeted us with a huge smile and asked if we had any special requests.
We stayed in a Grand suite , which gave us access to the Costal Kitchen ( which looked amazing) however after having breakfast at Windjammer, that's where we ate - selection there is amazing- only thing missing is an omelette made to order station. My time dining allowed us great flexibility for evening shows , etc. Chops Grill , Giovanni 's and Izumi were worth the small up charge to eat there. Service and quality excellent. I'm a gravy person , I put it on most of my foods - at the My Dining main seating they brought me gravy every time we ste there ( they waiter remembered this request from the first night) top notch.

Suite guests don't need to book shows - excellent seats are reserved up to 10 minutes prior to show starting