Oasis is nearly perfect 40th Anniversary Trip

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean

Sail Date: September 03, 2016
Cabin Type: Suite

Would like a store on board that sells some souvenirs and snacks, magizines, and things like toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc . Souvenir selection is very minimal

We stayed in a Grand suite , which gave us access to the Costal Kitchen ( which looked amazing) however after having breakfast at Windjammer, that's where we ate - selection there is amazing- only thing missing is an omelette made to order station. My time dining allowed us great flexibility for evening shows , etc. Chops Grill , Giovanni 's and Izumi were worth the small up charge to eat there. Service and quality excellent. I'm a gravy person , I put it on most of my foods - at the My Dining main seating they brought me gravy every time we ste there ( they waiter remembered this request from the first night) top notch.

The adult comedian was very rude , we had to leave the show as my wife was not feeling well , and he proceeded to insult us as we left. Also CATS - sure can't figure out why this is such a highly awarded and long running musical- we have seen Chicago, MamaMia, Hairspray, The Phantom of the Opera, and Grease - loved them all. But CATS is one strange play , by intermission about a third of the audience had left .

Food service kudos were given above, however our room steward - Putu ( room 12260) deserves a promotion. Every time he saw us he greeted us with a huge smile and asked if we had any special requests.

The only complaint is that air conditioning in rooms is kept at between 72-74 degrees - we had to request that the controls be reprogrammed for cooler setting during the duration of the cruise- which the crew did quickly( we like it very cool for sleeping) .

Grand suite are very nice - this was our 40th anniversary , so we upgraded to a suite , so nice

Suite guests don't need to book shows - excellent seats are reserved up to 10 minutes prior to show starting