Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

What a trip, what a ship!

Sail Date: July 23, 2016

Cabin: 6-326

Royal Caribbean is truly a world class cruise empire. The ship itself (Oasis of the Seas) is amazing. We were able to see a full Broadway production (Cats), an ice show (amazing choreography), a water show, ate like kings and queens in the buffet and on-board restaurants, went for a stroll in the park (on the ship!) and sunned ourselves on the front solarium upper deck! They really keep you entertained and busy).

The ports of call were nice. St Maarten has a great shopping district within a short walk or ride from the dock. Our snorkeling experience could have been more unique. The venue was a short kayak paddle to a neighboring resort beach and then swim out to the reef, I guess I expected a more secluded location. San Juan was a great visit, seeing both the old and new sections. On a summer excursion I would recommend this as just when you get hot from walking, you get back on the bus to cool down! Te old fort was impressive! Lebedee had the best beaches (bring water shoes thou, the rock under the sand pokes out some). The wave runner "tour" was more like a wave runner jaunt in the water, so we did not really "see" anything out of the ordinary as they stayed within a mile of the port. It was a nice to experience riding on one of these motorcycles for the water though!

I would recommend this trip to anyone. Now looking for my next trip with Royal Caribbean!

The cabin was a nice size for the trip. Smallish, but this is cruising. It also makes you want to get out into the ship more. The cabin attendant was great, friendly and accommodating to our needs. We had plenty of hot water and the light was good at both the sink and desk for getting ready. a deeper desk would be nice as I had to do some work while on board, and having an extra 4 to 6 inches on the depth of the desk would have been helpful.

1 Comment