Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Beautiful ship, but far too big

Sail Date: July 02, 2016

We are experienced cruisers. We owned a cruise only agency for 8 years and we chose the Oasis as the destination. We did not plan to even get off on any of the shore excursions. The ship is BIG and very, very nice. Many amenities plus 6400 fellow passengers on this trip. Why I did not like this cruise.

- Royal has upped their drink prices to outrageous levels. A beer is $6.95 PLUS 18% service charge PLUS they ask you for a tip! They are charging >$168 for a case of light beer or about a 900% markup!

-The extra charge specialty restaurants are not reasonable. The steakhouse has a $79pp upcharge. I can go to Ruth Chris, Morton's or Capital Grille for LESS.

- Entertainment requires reservations because the venues only hold about 25% of the ship's passenger capacities. The entertainment was good, but limited.

- I cannot recommend the "anytime dining". You still need reservations, BUT the reservation desk only answered the phone once out of five attempts over several days. The dining staff was excellent once you are seated.

- Food, except for the Indian food, was bland. Plentiful, but bland.

Finally, I should have known to expect this, but the ship was overrun with children. I am NOT criticizing here, but be prepared to deal with kids and teens.

Book your cabin from mid-ship to the stern. Our cabin was forward which placed it a LONG way from the majority of activities.