Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

royal caribbean Oasis of the Seas cruise review

Sail Date: May 07, 2016

This was my third cruise. the first was on Norwegian, The second on Carnival, and the third on Royal Caribbean. I was not real crazy with the lay out of the ship. Don't get me wrong.. it was very beautifully done. they had the shops on the inside of the ship on a lot of the floors. they had  a ''central park''  that was beautiful, with trees & benches..what I wasn't crazy about was the fact that  they did not have many  decks that you could walk outside on. there were two decks..one of which was for running, and the other was on the top where the pools are. Also, instead of you paying cash in advance & then have them take your purchases out of your money.. they let you charge all you wanted.. but then had to pay at the end of the cruise. The room did not have it's own coffee maker.. or ice bucket.  the food, as always.. was good. Was a little disappointed when they did not have a ''chocolate'' night. where everything is made of chocolate & done so beautifully like the other 2 ships did.  The waiters in the Grand dinning room where really great & nice & very efficient. Also, when they used the load speaker to communicate.. it is very difficult to understand what they are saying.. Not sure if I will try Royal Caribbean again...Where I know as of right now... Wouldn't mind another Norwegian cruise. I am trying to try as many as I can.. But so far.. they don't size up next to Norwegian!!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, the balcony!! My only complaint is that they do not have balcony rooms for single travelers. As far as I know.. I don't think there are ANY cruise lines that offer a single balcony room. Would also be nice when you wake up in the middle of the night & wanted a cigarette.. you could just go out on balcony. instead of having to get dressed.. walk all around to one of the only 2 places to smoke on the ship!!
didn't like design.
I think the excursions are all too expensive.
can't really comment because i have no kids, so i don't know how the programs are. Do like the fact that you don't see many children running around all the time tho!! So.. I guess they must be doing something right!!

If you have trouble with walking...make sure you order a wheelchair!!