Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

My Honest Review

Sail Date: February 06, 2016

My over all experience was VERY GOOD. That being said, I had a few issues with our cruise. First off, the port of call in Nassau, Bahamas was a waste. Nassau is not a nice place. The walk to the city is a long way. Then you get barraged with taxi driver and another hounding the hell out of you. Then you get beggar after beggar, and savory person after another trying to sell you something or get you to go into a store. It's not good and we felt very uncomfortable with that experience. For an extra excursion fee, you can bus to the Atlantic Resort, but it was a rainy and windy day. I do not understand why they can not find another port of call? I have been to others on other cruise lines. Ports of call in St Thomas and St Maarten are excellent! Wish they would find another good port of call to replace Nassau and maybe one more stop at a private island would have been nice like Princess Cruiseline does.

There are several dining options on the ship, but a few you have to pay extra for; which I have no problem with. We ate at Chops Grill and Izumi, both were fantastic! However, DO NOT waste your time and money on Giovanni's Table. The food was bad and there was nothing Italian about the menu except it was written in Italian! It was pretty much just regular food you get at the other dining places. An Italian restaurant with NO Italian employees, no spaghetti, no meatballs, no pizza, no chicken parmesan, no lasagna, nothing Italian at all! When I asked our waitress about those items, she had never even heard of them! Like I said, just regular food with an Italian name! Even the staff seemed frustrated with the menu! Bottom line: They need to redo the menu! It is a pretty setting and nice atmosphere.

Entertainment onboard is good, but the Headline Act Show was a little boring and the show called FLY WITH ME needs some better tunes. One of the best shows of the trip was the DISCO INFERNO dance on Deck 5. Awesome time! Also, one more thing, $3.00 for a little tiny thing of popcorn in the Opal Theater? Really? $3.00?

Will I cruise again with Royal Caribbean? Of course! Just wish they would change a few things.

Our cabin girl, Carmella was awesome!
Nassau sucked!!! Horrible place!