Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Not like royal caribbean AT ALL

Sail Date: August 02, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

I went on this cruise expecting it to be amazing and beautiful. The amazement however came in the negative direction. The first day we arrived the buffet closed at 9 pm, so once we reached there at 9:30 it was closed. I have never seen this before in my 10 cruising experience, usually buffets close at 11pm-1 am. We then tried going to the Opus dinning room and it was too late. WE DID NOT EAT because we wanted dinner at 9:30pm. Not only that but the buffet staff was extremely unwelcoming and gave you bizarre stares, or scolded you when you kindly asked for something. The best part of the buffet i have to say was the redundant recording that was on repeat in the background while you ate. It basically said hurry up and eat so others can sit down, chug your food down. Another thing that really ticked me off was the 30-40 minute line you had to make every time you wanted to go to the buffet as the Royal Caribbean cheapos made more staterooms instead of a larger buffet. To top it all off the food honeslty was horrid. There was no flavor, and a very limited quantity, i had to scourge for 20 minutes trying to find something decent only to have salad and coldcuts because everything else was not appeasing. The deserts were actually phenomenal, but salad and desserts is not what i had planned to be eating for $1300 a week. Other than the terrible food when I first arrived to my stateroom there was a used mens underwear on the floor of the bathroom, HOW DISGUSTING. The attendant apologized, but that is still gross. I am 19 years old and went out to get a snack in the promenade at 2am the fourth night. The man serving cookies and sandwiches in the 24 hour promenade REFUSED to serve me because I was 19 and there was a curfew til 1am. First off I have cruised in Royal before and was served every time even when I was 12,14 and 17. Second of all the 'curfew' is up to 18 years of age, so this man had no reason to not give me food. Not only did he refuse, he also threatened to call security on me because of my age and me asking for food. When I told him to call security he went inside and came back two minutes later to serve me food. I had to argue for 20 minutes before I could get food. I did not feel like a guest, I felt like a beggar having to fight for food. This is awful customer service and this ship is an embarrassment to Royal Caribbean, I have been on other of their ships and they were nothing like this garbage. Everything was a line, service was terrible, and the food was quite nasty (breakfast was the worst hands down). I would never pay again to go on this cruise, because I have never been treated so poorly in my life. The only possitive thing I can say about this ship is the construction, interior design and amenities (although there were overwhelming lines for all the activities they were good.) Other than that a huge failure in my opinion. HORRIBLE.

The only edible food is in park cafe deck 8