Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

beautiful ship but poor service

Sail Date: May 03, 2014

We were on the Oasis of the seas ship, ship is big and beautiful but the staterooms were cut alot smaller than some of the other smaller ships that I have been on. I could not fully unpack my clothes because of not enough storage space and there was only 2 of us in our balcony stateroom. The bathroom was even smaller and the bathroom sink was a joke. Royal Caribbean should have cut some of the space in other venues and made their staterooms more comfortable to stay in. Also the crew members actually acted like they really disliked their jobs. They gave the impression that you were bothering them when you asked them anything and even the bartenders were unhappy and I know that the cruise lines make most of their money selling alcohol and the employees that were in charge on selling drinks were unhappy and drinks were inconsistent. Really how hard is it to make a strawberry daiquiris! Royal Caribbean Cruise Line need to educate their staff on policy and procedures because every crew member I asked the same question to gave completely different answers. They messed up our dinner seating arrangements and I was booked out a year in advance. Most of all if traveling with children even though someone in our group had a passport for their children and we have traveled numerous times with other cruise lines without a problem, Royal Caribbean said they needed their birth certificates and custody papers in which custody of the kids wasn't even a factor. But although they had their passports the had to have their birth certificates emailed to them before they were allowed to board ship and then we found out that that our dinner arrangements were messed up. Also food choices were limited and the quality of food was poor. I felt nickeled and dimed with everything you had to pay extra for on this cruise line compared to other cruise lines I was on a daily the quality wasn't even there at all. I would never cruise Royal Caribbean again!

If you travel with young children even though you have their passports still take their birth certificates with you to save your self alot of undue problems boarding even though we called royal Caribbean Celine ahead of time as their staff told us that all we needed was their passports. .well all me