Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Guest Relations in it for the Money More Than the Customer Service (or in this case, lack of concern & customer service)

Sail Date: March 15, 2014

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Beware of Senior Guest Services Officer "Jasmine Naguimbing"  --says she has been doing Guest Relations for Royal Caribbean for 10 years

--but asks my wife & I  "Do you understand English?" (note: I am fluent in English, French, & Vietnamese --having been raised in Winter Park since 1975

--as this is our 2nd trip w/ Royal Caribbean (7-day cruise) but will be our last...

Guest Relations could not handle our concerns until I called Royal Caribbean corporate Miami office to complain (while on Day 2 aboard the ship)

where they were able to at least have empathy for our tight cabin space (called "Superior Stateroom w/ a Balcony View" for 4 people). This room is nothing more than an interior stateroom w/ a balcony view. It is not worth the $1,600 upgrade! The courteous Suite Attendant had to put our 3 luggages on top of the countertop for the whole 7 days (adjacent to the large vanity mirror & the flat-screen TV), in order to be able to walk around in the cabin.

Beware of Assistant Front Desk Manager "Donovhan Rajcoomar"  --who could not help us either...he told me to go back to my stateroom, pick up the phone from my stateroom/cabin & call to make a complaint and/or address my issues

--he says we must voice our concerns to our travel agent (i.e. )

& that Royal Caribbean cannot help me.  He then says I must ask for monetary compensation from & not Royal Caribbean.

--But that's just it!!!  I did not ask or want any monetary compensation (Royal Caribbean is not even listening to my concerns of upgrading to a larger room)...I just have tight quarters for our family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children) aboard a big ship for 7 days. This is our first Spring Break vacation for our kids & did not expect to have such tight living quarters for 7 long days at sea.

Eventually, I was able to have the head Guest Services Manager at Guest Relations "Samantha Douglas" call me from our stateroom on Day 3 & she apologized for the lack of customer service from her 2 Guest Relations employees listed above.

NOTE: From a large worldwide cruise line that's publicly traded on the stock exchange, I would expect the utmost care & customer service from Royal Caribbean but it was definitely lacking from the Oasis of the Seas Guest Relations crew.

Having sailed aboard Disney Cruise lines w/ my family on 6 separate occasions since 10/2009, Disney has properly coined the phrase "5-star

customer service."

Unfortunately, Royal Caribbean cruise lines must be more polished than this FIASCO cruise!

Read previous detailed notes.
Unfortunately, we had to run into 2 international employees at Guest Relations who do not know the first thing in customer service.
Ft. Lauderdale (Port Everglades), Florida
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Very relaxing & nice!
Falmouth, Jamaica
Unfortunately, the Downtown shoppes offered more jewelry stores than there were restaurants!

For kids, spend a little more & book w/ Disney cruise lines --your family will never be left disappointed!