Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Big Ship!

Sail Date: November 02, 2013

I wouldn't have believed that a ship of this size would not feel crowded...but it really didn't.  The only place that was insanely crowded (especially on "at sea" days) was Windjammer.  Just too stressful trying to find a seat!  Park Cafe was always much more relaxing...salads were delish...always something unusual.

Don't waste your money doing the Prohibition Event...just a jazz band (they are very good) and free drinks for $35 per person.  We are Diamond, so we always have more than enough free drinks.

Orient Beach Lunch Break...we sat next to a crane & they wouldn't move us!  Diesel smell, noise & crazy people walking under a dangerous crane perched on wet sand...scary.  When we complained to Excursions Desk...they lied and told us no one else complained (we waited a day).  Met some of the other people later on the cruise and they had all complained...really RCCL?!  The other lounges were reserved for another group...NCL...are they more important than RCCL guests??!!

My Time Dining...needs some work...first night they tried to seat us at a table that had non-stop traffic.  Most of the time, the wait staff was overworked and therefore gave sub-standard service.

I won't do it again!

I did the zipline on the ship...what a hoot!  They told me whoever screamed the loudest would get a gold medal...well, I won the medal...but when I looked down, I saw that the diving show was going on...oops!  The staff for the activities love their work!

We did a B2B which made us less stressed about getting in all the activities and shows in the first week.  I love doing B2B...feel special when we get to stay while everyone else is getting off...you just have to walk off & then back on...takes about an hour.

I must say the staff on this ship seemed less concerned with guests and more with their clicks...strange.

Giovanni's Table was a disappointment...my husband couldn't even cut his veal.  Then this bozo woman comes in and flips out because they wouldn't let her bring a bottle from home in the dining room...duh.  Well, she threw her purse down & it just about hit me.  C'mon, I just want to relax without any drama...I own a restaurant and I am not interested in being around wacko's when I am on vacation!  Well...at least I didn't have to smile and be sweet to her...

Izumi was over priced.  Best dinner was at 150 Central Park...good food, relaxing atmoshere & attentive staff.

Ship has major probles with water collecting on deck 14 when it rained.  It became like an ice rink.   There were quite a few people wlking around with casts on their legs....hmmmm

Shows are all good just get there in plenty of time.