Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Once in a lifetime Cruise

Sail Date: August 17, 2013

Let me start by saying this ship is everything I dreamed of and more. This was a once in a lifetime experience. The process of boarding and disembarking this ship was very easy. They are very organized and know exactly how to make getting on board as well as leaving the ship run smooth.

We arrived at the terminal about 10 am, they started boarding at 11:30 we were on board at 11:46. Pictures and videos I've seen about this ship does not do it justice. The Oasis is so beautiful. What I love about boarding is that all their venues that serve lunch were open and ready for everyone to have lunch. We walked through The Royal Promenade on deck 5. Then we headed to deck 8 Central Park. We enjoyed The Park Cafe's famous Kummelwreck sandwich. Then headed up to deck 16 to the Windjammer buffet. our cabins were ready at 1:30pm. We loved our balcony room on deck 10 it was very spacious. Lots of closet space and they provided a ton of hangers.

Food: Free Options

Opus Dining Room:
this is the main dining room with access from Deck 3, 4 and 5. We choose My Time Dining, which we enjoyed because we planned dinner around all the shows we went to. Deck 5 is for only cruisers doing my time dining, you can make reservations based on your schedule for that day. We noticed even those that didn't make reservations were seated. If you want the same waiter each night you need to request it. The wait staff are so friendly and accommodating. We loved our waiter Jason and his Asst. Radney.

We also had breakfast here twice. You can opt to order from a menu or you can do the breakfast buffet.

Wipe Out Cafe:
this is a great place to get breakfast on deck 15. Never was a long line and what's awesome about it is you can get fresh made omelettes. They have typical breads, bacon, sausage, fruit and different stuff to choose from.

WindJammer Buffet:
You can have breakfast,lunch and dinner here. Here depending on when you come you can expect a line. It does move fast. The workers are friendly and will help you with anything that you need. We only ate here a couple of times.

Solarium Bistro:
This is located on Deck 15 you can have breakfast and lunch here complimentary. They also offer dinner but you have to pay for it. This is great healthy option.

Sorrento's
this is on deck 5 The Royal Promenade, OMG the pizza was great and I love how they offered different flavors as well as they will make you a personal pizza based on the toppings they have.

Cafe Promenade: also deck 5 they great cookies and desserts as well as little sandwiches. They're open 24 hours.
Park Cafe :
this is on deck 8 in Central Park. You can make your own salad as well as get great sandwiches here. Great option.

Doughnut shop: this is on deck 6 on the Boardwalk

Speciality Restaurants
Deck 8 Central Park
We bought the Central Park Dining package for 70 per/person

Giovanni's Table Italian Trattoria
: this place was amazing, romantic dining experience.5 Course meal dessert was memorable. We had a rum raisin Gelato which was to die for.
Chops Grill:
great experience, Filet Minion awesome and leave room for Red Velvet for dessert Staff is awesome they will wrap up dessert for you.
150 Central Park:
very elegant restaurant 6 course meal prepared by the chef. Let them know if you have any allergy's.

Entertainment:
Wow what can I say we absolutely loved all the shows. One word of advice prebook the show times you want before going on the ship because if you don't unfortunately they do get sold out. As soon as the shows open up I advise you to book them. All the shows are a must see, Hair Spray, Frozen in time, Oasis Dream,The Headliner show, Come Fly with me and the Comedy Show.
They have so many activities everything was awesome. The pools we're always busy but the best part is on Port days if you get back before ship leaves usually not a lot of people. So many Jacuzzi to choose from that was awesome. They have a ton of deck chairs so you can always find chairs available.

All I can say is be ready for a trip of a lifetime. Our first time on Royal Caribbean and we're already planning on going on the Quantum of the seas.
Excellent