Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Second Mate

Our cruise was a 5...

Sail Date: January 09, 2010

Our cruise was a 5 night Caribbean cruise from Fort Lauderdale to St Thomas, St Maarten and Nassau and back to Fort Lauderdale. We boarded the shipon the 9th January 2010, I was with my Dad, his Partner and my Granny. We had spent the night before the cruise at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina Hotel, just opposite the cruise terminal. When we woke up in the morning we drew the curtains and was greeted by the fabulous vessel. I was sharing the room with my Granny and when we saw the marvel, we both went wow! We ate breakfast at the hotel and then checked out and went to the lobby to wait for our transfer to the ship. Unfortunately there was a problem with the coach and we ended up waiting outside the Hotel Front for the best of 1 hour andit had to becold and raining! Eventually the coach came and it transported us to the cruise terminal at Port Everglades. The terminal was specifically built by Royal Caribbean and designed for Oasis of the Seas in mind. We boarded the ship with no hassle at all, no waiting in lines or anything. We were all rather surprised by how a vessel this size, that can carry over 6,000 passengers could embark and disembark guests so smoothly. We boarded Oasis and once again we went wow! We quickly found our cabin and thanks to the electronic maps fitted around Oasis, we could easily see our way back to the cabin from any point of the ship and how full the dining areas were. We then went to the Winjammer Cafe located on deck 16 and had a meal. After that, we strolled around Central Park, walked along the boardwalk and shopped down the Royal Promenade. Later on, we watched a Broadway quality show of Tony Award Winning Musical, Hairspray. The cast were amazing! We then arrived the next day in St Thomas. We had an excursion around the island, stopping near Magens Bay. It was an interesting ride on an open air taxi. The next day was a day at sea and it gave us a chance to explore the ship in more detail. I had a go on the Zip Line and a ride on the Carousel. Later that night we went on the Rising Tide Bar and had a few Long Island Iced Teas. The next day we arrived in St Maarten. First impressions were a bit Industrial, but that soon changed whe we went on our Island Tour excursion. This tour was more interesting than in St Thomas and lasted longer plus it was on an air conditioned coach! The tour guide explained how the island is split into two. One side being owned by the Netherland, speaking Dutch and the other side owned by France, speaking French. The next day I think was another day at sea, so we once again explored more of the ship. The last full day came and we arrived in Nassau. We had already arranged an excursion to a private beach at the Hilton (for $100, you can make use of the hotel and you can have free food and drink up to a value of either $20 or $60 I think, I can#39;t remember) We had a final relaxing day watching the cruise ships docking. It was then time to get back on the ship, back to Fort Lauderdale. We then spent 2 nights at the Embassey Suites. The hotel was a little out dated, especially the lift. The food was good. The room was spacious, but smelt bad. A positive side of the hotel was that they had WIFI, but you hade to pay a charge for the usage. Also, in my Dad#39;s room the toilet was blocked and ended up flooding the room! We got the WIFI taken of the bill as compensation. After two days at the hotel we finally got the plane back to London Heathrow. There was some parts of the holiday that were not up to satisfaction, but overall we had an fun and enjoyable holiday. A cruise I will never forget!

Recommends Oasis of the Seas? Yes!

Cruise Photos

design could be better
great choice and quality
Adventure Ocean
staff always happy to help!
Vitality spa and Fitness Centre