Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean

p
I was somewhat reluctant to...

Sail Date: June 04, 2011

p
I was somewhat reluctant to try our first cruise, but at my husbandrsquo;s insistence I booked our trip aboard a href=http://www.lovecruise.co.uk/cruise-lines/royal-caribbean/oasis-of-the-seas title=Royal Caribbean Oasis of the SeasRoyal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas/a. Well, he definitely gets to say ldquo;I told you so!rdquo; The trip was one of our family favorites, and we are definitely looking forward to our next cruise.
p
Since we were traveling with 2 children, my biggest concern was that one boat couldnrsquo;t be enough to entertain them for a week. Donrsquo;t worry on that frontndash;if anything, there wasnrsquo;t enough time to fit everything in! The ship was perfect for young childrenndash;our boys are 6 and 9, and the arcade alone would have kept them happy the whole time. The staff were great with the kids, and had activities planned like art projects, theater games, and scavenger hunts. I was pleasantly surprised that they managed to sneak a little learning in each dayndash;it was great to know that the boys knew where we were traveling, and could point it out on a map. They joined the late night party for kids once, which was so wonderful for my husband and I. A night out is a treat for us!
p
There was a live performance of Hairspray on board and it felt like we were treated to a show on Broadway! I couldnrsquo;t believe something this professional was aboard the ship. We didnrsquo;t have time to fit in a night at the comedy club or a the jazz performances, but friends aboard Oasis of the Seas said it was wonderfulndash;we will definitely have to schedule it for our next cruise. The boys loved eating at Johnny Rocketsndash;make sure you eat there at least once when yoursquo;re on board. We also had a few meals at Sorrentorsquo;s, which was a nice pizza place. Windjammer had a big buffet full of more traditional foods, which was great when the boys were hungry and needed to eat straight away. The main dining room was my favorite, and we took advantage of the ldquo;My Family Diningrdquo; option so that the boys ate first and quickly, and then were picked up by staff to go to the Adventure Ocean area. They were happy to eat quickly and then go play, and my husband I are were so pleased to be able to relax and enjoy an ldquo;adultrdquo; meal with a few drinks at a more leisurely pace. Sign up in advance for this service, you will be so glad you did!
p

Recommends Oasis of the Seas? Yes!